Vlog is a beautifully crafted WordPress video theme with a strong focus on videography. It also perfectly complements the needs of complex magazine websites with sophisticated layouts and dynamic ways to present your videos and articles any way you can imagine.
Whether you need a website for video-blogging, video tutorials or any sort of viral video sharing, Vlog is the perfect choice. Fully compatible with YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other common video content – your website has never looked better!
Vlog – why choose it for your WordPress video website?
- YouTube & Vimeo automatic video import – Vlog supports Video Importer, a really handy plugin for importing videos from YouTube and Vimeo, so you can automatically transfer your videos and playlists to your website – all in a few clicks!
- Group your videos into playlists – Thanks to the amazing Series plugin, you can group your videos and articles into playlists – just what you need for tutorials and other multi-part content!
- Auto detect video thumbnails – With Video Thumbnails, another great plugin supported by Vlog, you can easily set your video’s thumbnail as the featured image. No need for additional images!
- Watch later and cinema mode – Vlog lets your visitors save videos and easily access them later, as well as watch the videos in a distraction-free cinema mode
- More than 200 post layout combinations – Present your videos and articles any way you want to with our flexible and easy-to-use module system
- Optimized for speed – Built-in performance options will ensure that your website loads fast and runs smoothly
- Monetize your website – Easily place a banner ad on the homepage, archive pages or single post
- Smart and flexible image sizes – Choose from a variety of aspect ratios, or set your own custom size and make your images look their best
- Multiple header layouts – Make your website unique with one of our carefully designed header layouts
- Series & categories module – Display your categories and playlists on the homepage alongside your videos and articles
- Highlighted widgets – Turn on the “highlight” option for any widget, to get an alternative styling
- Responsive design – Your content will scale seamlessly on all of today’s modern devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
- Advanced theme options panel – Setup your website in 5 minutes with our easy-to-use theme options panel
- Support for custom post types in modules – If any public custom post type is registered it will be automatically detected in modules
- Easy branding – Each category and series on your website can have its own layout and sidebar
- Diverse categories – Add your personal touch to this theme – change the fonts and colors, upload your logo (retina is supported) and icons
- Unlimited sidebars – Add as many sidebars as you need. Then you assign specific sidebar to any post, page or a category.
- Sticky sidebars – Widgets placed inside sticky sidebars will always be visible while you scroll through the website content
- Four Pagination Types – You can have a classic Older Posts/Newer Posts navigation, Numeric Pagination, Load More buttons or Infinite Scroll. This feature is not limited to a global setting either, you can apply different pages with different pagination types wherever you like.
- Custom Widgets – Alongside the standard WordPress widgets, Vlog features several custom widgets that further extend its functionality.
- Paginated / multi-page posts – For maximum monetization potential via ads on your new website, Vlog includes a very intuitive design for Posts which are split into multiple pages. A great way to boost your page views with ease and increase your passive earnings!
- Support for post views number – Vlog also supports Entry Views WordPress plugin, which is used to count views for each post. Smart options are also available so your Posts can be filtered by number of views.
- Built-in related posts – We have provided a simple but powerful solution for displaying related posts for a particular post.
- Built-in translation – Easily modify or translate any text on your website through the theme options panel.
- One-click updates – You can connect your website with the Envato official API to be notified about upcoming updates through your Admin Dashboard. Every time a Vlog update is released, you can update with a single click, just like you would for any other theme hosted on the official WordPress repository.
- Shortcodes – Add complex elements to your content easily with 12 flexible shortcodes. Shortcodes are small pieces of code that you can insert into any Page or Post to create beautiful columns, separators, highlights, dropcaps, buttons, pull quotes, progress bars, social icons, tabs, toggles and accordions with minimal fuss.
- WooCommerce Support – Vlog has been thoroughly developed with eCommerce at its core. Your new website can add a fully functioning shop with the advanced features offered by the WooCommerce WordPress plugin!
- bbPress Support – Need to run a Forum? With Vlog you can rest assured that your website will run with the industry standard Forum Plugin bbPress, seamlessly integrated into your new website, all tested to run smoothly with no coding required.
- Social Sharing Integrated – To create a truly awesome website you need great content that people will want to share. With that in mind Vlog comes complete with Social Media integration of the popular social networks, all designed with a perfectly balanced look and feel.
- Post formats support – Besides standard posts, this theme supports Video, Audio, Image and Gallery Post formats. Also, most WordPress common embedding features are supported so you can easily embed Facebook updates, Tweets, instagrams, Soundcloud, Youtube, Vimeo…
- RTL support – Vlog fully supports Right-To-Left oriented reading which is an essential requirement when you are running a website with global reach! Simply turn this option on in the Theme Options Panel.
- Full documentation – Quickly learn how to setup this theme step by step and use its options and features.
- Get help from WordPress experts – Do you have questions, issues or feature ideas? Do not hesitate to contact us! We usually respond within 24 hours.
- Added: Styling for Blocks (coming with the new WordPress editor in version 5.0)
- Improved: Fully tested and ready for WordPress 5.0
- Improved: Envato Market plugin is now recommended for theme updates
- Fixed: Series not being displayed in Post admin screen when using Gutenberg plugin
- Fixed: Cover area “do not duplicate” option not working in some cases
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues
- Added: Initial support for the upcoming new WordPress content editor (Gutenberg)
- Improved: Support for Patreon icon in social menu
- Fixed: Theme throwing error in old PHP versions (i.e 5.4 and lower)
- Fixed: Few minor styling issues
- Added: Option to add category featured image (thumbnail) so it can be displayed in Category modules
- Added: Supports for displaying Custom Post Types in Cover area on Modules Template (if custom post type is registered, it will be detected automatically and you can choose it instead of standard posts)
- Added: Option to enable Subscribe button/icon next to Watch later and Cinema mode icons (Theme Options -> Single Post, Cover area 1 & 2)
- Added: Option to open videos in popup when you click the post thumbnail, instead of opening the post (Theme Options -> Post Layouts)
- Added: Styling support for more video sources: XHamster.com, PornHub.com, Rumble.com, Ustream.tv, Aparat.com
- Added: Options to display child category links on parent category template (Theme Options -> Category Template)
- Added: Blank page template, with which you can display the page content only (optionally without page title, site header and footer)
- Added: Support to display only Primary category feature by Yoast SEO plugin (Theme Options -> Misc.)
- Added: Option to disable ads on specific pages, i.e contact, 404, etc… (Theme Options -> Ads)
- Improved: Now you can separately choose which special elements (watch later, search, etc…) to include in header navigation depending on desktop vs mobile mode (Theme options -> Header -> Main, Responsive)
- Improved: Styling for GDPR cookie consent checkbox field in comment form
- Improved: Password protected functionality is now supported in Modules Template
- Improved: If main navigation is too wide on smaller desktop resolutions, it will be automatically optimized to not overlap with the site logo
- Fixed: Bug with cover videos always being displayed even if posts are restricted with Simple Membership WordPress plugin
- Fixed: Font size options not working properly on specific server configurations
- Fixed: Lost of minor styling issues across various resolutions and browsers
- New official Meks Video Importer Plugin with which you can now import YouTube and Vimeo videos in a neat way
- Instagram Widget (by using Meks Easy Instagram widget WordPress plugin)
- Added: Options to manage font sizes for various text elements through Theme Options panel (Theme Options -> Typography)
- Added: Support for emmbeding videos hosted on SproutVideo platform
- Added: Option to pull only Video posts in cover area related/playlist posts (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Video)
- Added: Option to ignore category when pulling prev/next post links for Single Post (Theme Options -> Single Post -> General)
- Added: User login form can be added as a header element (Theme Options -> Header)
- Added: Option to specify “number of words per minute” in order to fine-tune calculation of posts “reading time” (Theme Options -> Misc.)
- Improved: Compatibility for the latest WooCommerce plugin version
- Fixed: Bug with cinema mode not automatically playing videos
- Fixed: Filtering posts by tag in Cover area on Modules template
- Fixed: Problem with WPML special languages not pulling proper post content in cover area
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues in various browsers and special cases
- Fixed: Links to series/playlists in Series Module and Series Widget not working in latest WordPress version 4.9
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues
- Added: New demo example: Podcast (for using Vlog theme with audio)!
- Added: Option to make video “sticky” while scrolling through single posts (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Video)
- Added: Option to enable playlist mode (related videos) alongside current video in cover area (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Video)
- Added: Option to display Series link in post meta data (All layouts)
- Added: When choosing posts manually inside modules, now you have a quick search field for an easier selection, instead of entering post IDs
- Added: Option to switch logic from include to exclude when filtering posts by tags or categories in Modules (Modules Template)
- Added: Option to add social menu and/or secondary menus to responsive navigation (Theme Options -> Header -> Responsive)
- Added: Options to remove shadow/gradient styling over images in cover area (Theme Options -> Cover Area -> General)
- Added: Support for Flow Player WordPress plugin. The theme will detect its shortcode and display videos in cover area as for regular WordPress embeds
- Added: Styling support for liveleak.com videos
- Added: vKontakte Share button option (Theme Options -> Misc.)
- Added: Support for paginated pages using “nextpage” tag
- Improved: Video embeds now have the same look in audio posts as in video posts (i.e if you are using YouTube inside audio post in cover)
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues in various browsers and devices
- Added: Support for PlayWire videos script embed code
- Added: Option to display custom content inside cover area on modules pages (Modules Template)
- Added: Option to specify custom logo URL if you want to point out logo to different location instead of your home page (Theme Options -> Branding)
- Added: Option to expand some widgets to full-width (300px) inside its container
- Added: Option to choose posts from specific series and also auto detect current serie of a post (Vlog Posts Widget)
- Added: Option to on/off whether to choose related posts from series (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Related)
- Improved: Support for WooCommerce 3.0+
- Fixed: Gallery post format not displaying image captions in pop-up in cover layouts
- Fixed: Demo importer panel not importing nav menus on PHP7
- Fixed: Series template throwing notices when a serie is created via single post admin screen
- Fixed: Several minor styling issues
= 1.6 = * Added: Complete functionality for Audio posts to work the same way as Videos (i.e. Listen Later) * Added: Support for Custom Post Types in modules (Modules Template). If website is using custom post type, it will automatically be detected and ready for use. * Added: Option to temporarily activate/deactivate module (Modules Template) * Added: Option to choose mini logo as sticky header logo (Theme Options -> Header -> Sticky Header) * Added: Option to display Cart icon in header if WooCommerce plugin is enabled (Theme Options -> Header) * Added: Option to disable "related" YouTube videos after currently playing video is finished (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Formats) * Fixed: Filtering by tag not working in cover area on modules page * Fixed: Vlog categories and series widgets always showing "count" even if option was unchecked * Fixed: Cover slider wasn't stopping when video in slider was playing * Fixed: Several minor styling issues = 1.5 = * Added: Support for WooCommerce WordPress plugin * Added: Support for bbPress WordPress plugin * Added: Options to display breadcrumbs using SEO by Yoast or Breadcrumb NavXT WordPress plugin (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Added: Possibility to override layout and sidebar options per each Category or Series separately * Added: Option to set video posts default layout which may be different from regular posts layout (Theme Options -> Single Post -> Layout) * Added: Option to define a special tag which can be displayed as a label on post layouts, i.e. posts tagged with HD tag will display "HD" label (Theme Options -> Misc. ) * Added: Option to open regular content images in popup (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Added: "Custom CSS class" option field for each section and module with which you get a possibility to apply custom styling to a section or a module using CSS * Added: Support for "vooplayer.com" videos * Fixed: Ordering (drag and drop) items in "Series module" not working properly (Modules Template) * Fixed: Author name on author archive not working properly in specific cases in WP 4.7 * Fixed: Minor RTL styling issues = 1.4.1 = Fixed: Autoplay slider feature in modules (added in 1.4) not working properly = 1.4 = * Added Support for Wistia video platform * Added: Option to autoplay (rotate) slider items in cover area (Theme Options -> Cover Area -> General) * Added: Option to autoplay (rotate) slider items in post modules and category modules * Added: WhatsApp share button (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Improved: Restrict Content Pro plugin compatibility - support for videos and other non-standard post formats * Improved: FontAwesome icon library updated * Improved: Reading time and excerpt text functionality now works fine for languages with special characters (i.e. Russian, Hebrew, Turkish...) * Fixed: Password protected posts showing content on non-standard post formats * Fixed: Full screen icon now appears on default WordPress video player * Fixed: Demo importer not working on specific server configurations * Fixed: Some widgets throwing JS errors in "accessibility mode" * Fixed: Minor styling issues = 1.3 = * Added: "X" button in watch later area for easier posts removal * Added: Watch later menu in mobile navigation * Added: Option to load watch later area asynchronously and prevent conflicts with caching plugins (Theme Options -> Misc.) * Added: Option to display full post content instead of excerpt in Layout A (Theme Options -> Post Layouts) * Added: More social media icons for header social menu (500px.com, amazon.com, ok.ru, mixcloud.com) * Improved: Social sharing buttons not working in some specific cases (i.e. having UTF8 characters in post titles) * Improved: Mobile navigation * Improved: Theme rendering performances * Fixed: RTL styles and few minor styling issues = 1.2 = * Added: Support for Facebook Videos * Added: Support for JW Player Platform videos * Fixed: RTL styles and few minor styling issues * Improved previous/next navigation of single posts on mobile devices = 1.1 = * Added: 2 new demo examples in Theme Options -> Demo Importer * Fixed: Few minor styling bugs = 1.0 = * Initial release